Friday, September 19

Winds of Change

Well this week has been a bit of an adjustment for me. I know that I talked to some of you about thinking about getting a second job and most of you know about my search for a new job. Well I started looking for a waitressing job which can be tough because they aren't usually the most flexible about your schedule and they usually require you to work weekends and I really do like having my weekends. So I answered and add on Craigslist for a function waitress at this members club where they do a lot of functions. Of course when they met me they decided to hire me but you want to know the best part no functions on weekends. This is strictly a Monday thru Friday gig and if they need me to work a weekend they will ask me well in advance. I am like WOW! This is perfect. It is walking distance from work, it's right by the T so it's easy to get home and I still get to have my weekends.

I had training on Monday night and I was on the schedule for Tuesday, Wednesday, and tonight. The only night I didn't have to work was last night. It is definitely an adjustment going from one job to the other and when I get home I am exhausted and just want to crash. I think that this is going to be good for me in a lot of ways. It will keep me busy and I won't be spending as much $$. I have been sleeping better because after being on my feet all night and running around it's hard not to crash when I get home and it's giving me a chance to make some extra $$ because you just never know what is going to happen. I wanted to let you know since it is probably not going to be easy to get in touch with me I am going to be running between two jobs and still trying to have a little bit of a social life. We will see how that works out for me. ;-)

On top of everything else I found out this week that Andrew accepted a promotion and is going to be moving to NJ the end of the year. I am very happy for him because it sounds like this is a great opportunity for him and definitely something that he needed to do. Of course selfishly I never like it when someone close to me decides they are going to move away on me but this doesn't mean that he is going to get rid of me that easily. Since most of you know I set up this blog so that my friends that are all over this country can peak in when they have some time and find out what has been going on with me moving to NJ please not going to make a difference. I have been doing a lot of thinking over the past few months and I really don't know what to say. I love that I have been blessed with such good friends along the way but it's funny how the circle of those I spend the most time with always seems to be changing. Over the past year Andrew has been a big part of my life and knowing that he is moving and that is going to change is sad for me for a lot of reasons but what are you going to do life always seems to take twists and turns. I just need to roll with it and see where it leads me. That is all I have for you for now.

No comments: