Tuesday, September 9

Shhh... I was "sick" yesterday...cough cough

OK so as most of you know Syl comes out here a few times a year to visit her BFs family which means we also get to see her. Well once Urs moved to Albany it has been very hard for the those two to see each other and they haven't in about four years. Now I love seeing Syl and Urs but two of us together just isn't the same as when we all get together and we always feel like something is missing. So Syl knew she was going to be out here this past weekend and we started early asking Urs to make the trip out to Boston that it has been far too long since we have all seen each other and Syl hasn't met Logan yet! I know can you believe it? He is the most precious little boy and so well behaved. Well if you tried to E-mail me or call me at work yesterday it was futile and I probably shouldn't put this out on the web but I played hookie to spend time with two of my closest friends. I can't tell you how much I needed just that. Syl got there first and Urs, Dan and Logan were a couple minutes behind. I was busy cooking breakfast for everyone so that when they got there we would be able to eat. Since Urs has the gluten allergy it's just easier to cook things at home then to wonder if there is something in there that she shouldn't have. Plus Urs and Dan haven't seen my place yet and I wanted to show off my condo and let them see that they have a place right in the city to crash if they need it.

After we had breakfast and decide to motivate we got on the T to head into the city and bring Logan to the Children's Museum. We also hit up Fanueil Hall and the new Kennedy park where the Central Artery used to be to show them the nicer parts of the city. Here is the kicker. When we got to the Children's Museum it was closed for the day. Only that day. I was very irritated but all we really cared about was that we were together and able to catch up and have a good time. So we went to walk to the Boston Gardens since Urs wanted to show Logan the ducks since she reads Make Way for Ducklings to him. Of course once Logan was in the stroller he ended up falling asleep for about an hour nap so we found a park bench in the Common and sat down and continued to catch up and talk. Then we headed back to my place fed the parking meter got some food at Trader Joes and went back to my place to eat lunch. By this time it's almost 3:00 and Urs, Dan, and Logan have to leave soon to beat the traffic and get back at a reasonable time back to Albany. We all give hugs and let me tell you Logan gives a really good hug!! Then the three of them are on their way back to Albany. I am so glad that we got to do that thought.

Syl had made plans to go to Cambridge and meet up with her BF and his niece and nephew and play with them for a little while and she asked me to come and I want to spend time with her and it's good to spend time with her BF since they live so far away I feel like I know way too much about him with not nearly enough face time. So we hung out with his niece and nephew and we went to the park right around the corner. His niece has the most beautiful big blue eyes that you can't help but smile when you see her. I was holding her a lot since I love babies and I could get her to laugh and smile. Syl told me that was the most she has ever seen her smile. We headed back to the house and the BF's sister was home and we all went upstairs for a little while. Now I feel a little awkward but I get over it of course.

Then Syl and I have to leave for dinner since we are meeting Sandy, Schraut and Dom at the Rattlesnake. We head over there and there are plenty of tables and it was the right atmosphere since when we all get together we get VERY LOUD and ok I will admit it OBNOXIOUS. So we all start catching up on what is going with each other and had a great time at dinner. We decided that the four of us need to go out and visit Syl and that for MLK weekend next year we are going out to LA. I also mentioned to Dom since she came on the last ski trip that I am planning another one for the first weekend in February. Dom says she definitely wants to come and Sandy and Jenn are both like "me too I want to come too". At one point the waitress comes over and you can tell she has no words. She saw five well dressed women in their late 20's possibly early 30's come into the bar and was not expecting what she got of the stories and the laughter and the shrills as we are all pointing out each others flaws. It made me realize how much I miss these girls and it's just not the same with any friends I have made post college. It can't be you just don't get to know them in the same way.

We decide that the night is still young and Finale is right around the corner and who doesn't have room for dessert? Syl asks how close since I have made her walk around A LOT yesterday since I like to walk the city and she is "totally LA" now and will drive two blocks to go somewhere. Sandy has to bow out since she has a lot going on at work and she needs to be productive. :-( Understandable but still sad since we were all having such a good time. Dom, Jenn, Syl, and I continued our night and we tried to at least keep up appearances in Finale that we were respectable but since the waitress came over with our drinks when Syl was in the middle of a story that some might think of as not appropriate and we all were at a lose for words. Then Syl and Jenn both go to the bathroom and Syl scares the crap out of Jenn and all the waitstaff saw this. We are thinking there is the possibility we might not be welcome at that location anymore. Good thing we didn't go to the one by my place.

I have to say that this morning when I got up. I haven't felt this content in a long time. I know there are still some things I need to tackle like finding an attorney position but overall I am happy with my life right now. I know that a big part of that was my day yesterday with Urs and Syl and having that connection with the 3 of us together. Last night having dinner with Jenn, Sandy, Dom and Syl and just being able to be myself and talk about whatever I want and not have to worry about if I should filter. There is no filter with us girls and that is something I cherish since it is something I am so not good at. To my girls I just want to say THANK YOU! I don't know what I would do without and I am so glad that I will never have to find out.

2 comments:

Dan, Urs, Logan and Emilia said...

Love you Jax! Had a great time playing hookie with you and Syl on Mon. It was a blast getting us 3 partners in crime together and doing what we all do best...act silly! :) Miss you tons all the time...

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way! I'm so lucky to have such great friends and I love that we can get together and totally be ourselves and act goofy, etc. I can't wait for LA and the ski trip! WOO-HOO!