Monday, September 29

Moment of Nostalgia

Or more like two and a half hours of it. I went to see the New Kids on the Block last night at the Garden in Boston and I no longer care what anyone has to say about seeing them in concert. New Kids was my first concert EVER at the tender age of 12 and let me tell you that seeing them last night brought me right back to that first concert. These guys are good at what they do and I acknowledge that the place was filled with women. To the point where they put up signs over the men’s room says Women’s room for bathrooms since they knew that there was going to be too many women there not to do that.

They opened with one of their new songs Single which was good but they did a lot of the classics like My Favorite Girl, Please Don’t Go Girl, Tonight, The Right Stuff. It was awesome and if you liked New Kids when you were younger and they are coming to your area then you HAVE to go. I will admit that when I got there and was waiting for them to come on there was a part of me that was like "was this a good idea?" I mean I LOVED them when I was in middle school but that was a long time ago. Then the screen flashed a message and they were starting the introduction and I was seriously sitting in my seat baited breathe. I can't describe it any other way. I was giddy with excitement and as I sit here and write this I am still giddy with excitement.

They sang, they danced, they played up the Boston boys angle and we all had a BLAST! Once they came out I never sat down. I screamed, I sang along and danced my butt off. It was a GREAT night and I don't care who knows that I went. That concert is absolutely up there in my top 5 and I have seen a lot of concerts and different performers but these guys still have that IT factor. They connect with the audience and they make you feel appreciated. They didn't care that more then half the songs that they sang on Sunday came out over 15 years ago. They know that those are the songs that we came to hear. I enjoyed the new stuff and I have the songs on my Ipod now and have a blast listening to them but I went to the concert for a night of nostalgia and I got a lot more then that. I got to see a band that I loved back then become a band that I still love now. So go ahead make your comments and your jokes I can handle it. I would still see them again in a heart beat if I could.

No comments: