Tuesday, September 23

Just the Right Amount of Busy

Typically my weekends are jam packed and I am running around with my head cut off but still enjoying everything I am doing I just wish we had 3 day weekends so I could relax more. However, I realize that I would just pack more in and it would be a vicious cycle. I can't help it I am a social person at my core and I like to be out and about and enjoying peoples company. That being said this past weekend was not too overly booked for me and I had the right amount of down time and social time which was a nice change of pace. I had to work on Friday night and I didn't get home until 11:00 so I decided to just stay in and watch some of the TV I DVRed for the week.

Saturday I got up and relaxed for a bit watching some more of my shows and then started cleaning my condo and getting things ready since it was Erin's Bachlorette that night and we were starting at my place around 6:00. This turned out perfectly because the one person who missed my house was at the restaurant waiting for us when we had our 7:00 reservation for dinner right down the street. We somehow convinced a minivan cab to take all 8 of us to the North End and we went to the Improv Asylum for a comedy show. It was exactly the type of night out that Erin wanted and I am glad that she had a good time. Once the show was over and everyone was heading home I texted Danielle to find out where they were since Steve was in from LA and Jamie was in from NYC. I went to the Bleacher Bar to meet up with them for a couple of hours and had a drink and relaxed with some friends that I just don't seem to see anymore. Nichole and I split a cab home and I was home a little after 1 AM and went to bed.

Sunday my alarm went off and I decided I can do my laundry later and I have no motivation to get up so I stayed in bed and relaxed and didn't get out of bed until Noon. You read that right I was in bed until noon. I didn't sleep until then I was more just relaxing and lying there but still it was nice to be able to stay in bed until then. I got up had some lunch/breakfast and then had to get ready for my kickball game. I walked over to the field and my friend Danielle had forgot again about the game so she wasn't able to make it but I decided I can make friends I am a big girl I will go anyways. We got killed but I had a lot of fun playing kickball and meeting new people. After the game we headed over to An Tua Nua for some drinks. I just had one and then I had to go meet up with Becky on her Pub Crawl that she organized for her Mom since it was her first time to Boston. I went and met up with them at Kinsale and then we went to Bell in Hand and we had a really good time hanging out and catching up. On the way home Geri and I walked back to Anna's so I could pick up the jewelry I got from her party and the dress I let her borrow. I was home by around 8:00 and I actually fell asleep for a few minutes on my couch and went in to bed a little after 10:00. I was exhausted even though I didn't get out of bed on Sunday until noon. It was the right amount of social and relaxing. I wish I could schedule my life like that more often. That is all I have for you for now. Last night I was boring and went home and relaxed some more.

No comments: