Thursday, September 25

Perfect Wednesday

I don't think that last night could have been any better. I had two tickets to the Red Sox and its the last week of the season and I have not had a lot of quality time with Beel lately so I found it only fitting to call him and invite him to the game. Which of course he was very excited about going. So I talked to him on Tuesday night and I told him to text me when he was at Park St so that I could meet him at An Tua Nua and I would know about when he was going to get there. Well I am at my condo and my parents call and I talk to them for a bit and then I get off and it's almost 7 and I haven't heard from Beel. I of course realize that he probably forgot his phone at the office or home this morning and didn't think to E-mail me and let me know so I decide to head to Tua's to meet up with him and it's now already 7 so I am going to be late to the game. I of course try to call him as I am walking to the bar since I really want to know where he is this is just weird. I get to An Tua Nua at 7:15 and I look in the window and there is Beel VERY excited to see me. His phone broke this afternoon. He couldn't call me and he can't make any calls out so he was worried that when I didn't hear from him that I just went to the game without him.


Now I love my boys and we all know this but I wouldn't have just gone into the game and not given him a reasonable amount of time to get there. He was so worried and then was on such a high when he saw me that it made for a really good ball game. Our seats were one behind the other and in Granstand 24 SO GOOD! We just had the best time and see them come back and win that game 5-4 AMAZING!! I know that it is my last game of the season and I am glad that I was able to go with Beel. The past couple of years while he was finishing law school and had a GF it was hard for us to spend time together and last night hanging out at Fenway was just the best. I really needed it for so many reasons and I don't think it would have been the perfect Wednesday if I brought someone else. He just has a way of making me smile and laugh for no reason which was FANTASTIC.

Let's not forget that when the game was over it was Wednesday and it was time to go to karaoke and see everyone else. Beel popped in long enough to let the crowds from Fenway dissipate so he could get back to Somerville since he is now working. When I got home that night and was getting ready for bed I was on a natural high and just so content I love that feeling. I wish it happened more often.

No comments: