Friday, May 2

I PASSED!!!!

So today has been a LONG day and it isn't even 1 in the afternoon yet. I woke up at 3 AM today since I knew that the bar results were coming in the mail. Of course I was not able to go back to sleep. I went into work this morning since I didn't want to just sit at home and wait for the mail. For a couple reasons 1) I stayed home last time and that didn't work out so well and 2) I would have driven myself nuts I needed to be busy and have things to distract me. I have to say that this morning I was in a really hopeful mood I couldn't explain it I just was in a REALLY good mood. When the time came to leave work and find out. OMG I was an indecisive MESS and you all know that I am never indecisive about things and I am like. Do I want to go home? I don't know I mean it's there but this is it. This is going to decide what my summer is going to look like and if using all my vacation time for the second year in a row for a test was worth it. Kathleen was nice enough to walk me to do the elevator and even offered to come with me if I needed someone. I didn't know what to say a part of me wanted someone there and another part of me felt like this is something I had to do on my own. I get home and I open the mail slot and there it is and I see white and it looks like there might be some color paper behind it. So I opened the letter telling me that I passed the bar at 12:10. Then I immediately called my Mom, booted up my computer to tell EVERYONE and then called my Dad. I still can't believe it. I finally am done with tests and studying and school. I really made it. It's over and now I can finally start my career as an attorney.

I am a flutter of emotions and I seriously almost cried tears of joy when I opened the letter and saw Congratulations! I didn't read anything else I screamed I jumped a little bit and I still can't believe that I passed. Wow. Thank you all of you so much for always being there I never ever could have gotten through this without all your support and understanding especially when I had to be antisocial and hit the books HARD to make sure that it got done. I mean you had to put up with me doing this not just once but twice and I know that I was able to do this because all of you kept telling me that I would do it this time and giving me the strength to keep going even when I wasn't sure if I had the steam to keep going. I get sworn in the end of June and then you will know another attorney. Wow. I don't know what else to say but I wanted to write this post while it was still sinking in.

No comments: