Wednesday, May 28

Memorial Day BBQ

Well TomO decided he hasn't had a BBQ in a while and threw out the idea of having one on Memorial Day. I was VERY excited about this news. Not only has it been way too long since Tom has had a party or gathering of sorts at his place but it's also feels like it's been a while since I have seen the usual cast of characters that come out. We all start to get there around 2:00 on Monday and Danielle and I of course come with all the sides pasta salad, Broccoli salad, Asian Cole Slaw, Bean Salad, and my spinach Dip. Danielle made Red Sangria which was AMAZING and it was a typical afternoon at Tom's.



Trav and Jules were catching up and having a couple beers on the front porch. The rest of us are mingling between the front and the back. Rick's friend Pete came on his motorcycle and brought an extra helmet in case anyone wanted a ride. Quick little rant. Why is it that Memorial Day is one of three holidays a year that Liquor stores in MA have to be closed. I was shocked to find out I couldn't just grab a six pack on my way to Tom's and thank goodness for the Sangria because otherwise I wouldn't have had anything to drink. Of course you might decide later in this post that the Sangria was a bad idea. Well after we had all been hanging out for a few hours and I was hanging out in the front with Hynes, Jules, Travis and Jamieson Pete looks at me and tells me it's my turn and hands me the helmet. Now I just kind of look at him and I am like Hmmm. but somehow I don't argue. I don't protest at all I just put the helmet on and get on the bike. I don't know don't ask. Hynes of course takes this opportunity to take my camera from me and make sure to get a pic of me on the bike. Here you go in case you didn't believe me.
I know can you believe that I went on a motorcycle ride. What you can't see and I know some of you will probably kill me for is I went barefoot. Why? Jackie are you an idiot?! No actually I had on flip flops that absolutely would have come off at some point on my trip and decided I didn't want to deal with it. Pete knew that I didn't have shoes on and he didn't do anything too crazy to freak me out. You know what I had an absolute BLAST! I would definitely do it again. Of course part of why I would do it again is for some reason you just trust Pete can't explain it. If you don't believe me. Well I have one more thing to show you that will convince you that he is not an easy person to say no to. After I went he went over to Danielle and asked when she was going to take a ride and her response "in a little while." Now if you are familiar with Danielle speak you know that means NEVER but I don't want to fight with you so I hope you just forget to ask me later. Well about 45 minutes to an hour later he walks over to her and says it's later and hands her the helmet. She looks at me and I have a HUGE grin on my face and she does the same thing she puts on the jacket and the helmet and gets on the bike.


This is before they went for the ride and you can still see the fear in her smile. She can't believe that she is really about to do this. There is just something about Pete you just can't say not to. Once Danielle went all the boys all the sudden wanted to go too and Pete spent a good amount of time giving us rides on his motorcycle but he didn't seem to mind one bit. After the rides were over we all congregated around the grill in the back yard for some dinner and of course more beverages of course this is when the day starts to get a little hazy for me but I wasn't the only one having a good time at the BBQ.

I love this pic of TomO because you aren't sure if he can't really stand at this point or I caught him while he was walking somewhere but he looks like he is talking to that dude so I am going with Tom being drunk. Does this mean Tom was as drunk as I was that night. I doubt it. I have to say that Drunk Jackie definitely came out but considering she came out it was a tame evening. I was loud which of course is going to happen when I have too much to drink but I made some new friends which is always a plus.

Most of the people in this picture I either met on Monday or have seen them at other TomO parties but never really talked too much but we all had a GREAT TIME on Monday. At least from what I remember and what I saw in the 254 pictures that I took that day. I mean how can I be wrong, right? Well Tom thanks again for another successful BBQ at the Potomac Residence Inn. I can't wait for you to invite me back again for your next event at the Inn.

No comments: