Friday, May 9

A week later

People keep asking me if it has sunk in yet that I passed the bar. All I can say is it's starting too. The past couple nights when I have been out I found the friends I am with telling the people around that will listen that I passed. It is a really weird feeling because for the first few days after I found out I didn't do too much to acknowledge it. I mean my family helped me celebrate when I got the news on Friday which was great but my weekend was planned before I found out so I wasn't really thinking about it I was still in disbelief I think.

When I got into work on Monday it was tough because my co-worker who graduated law school with me and also took the bar for the second time didn't pass. I remember what it felt like to get that letter that you didn't make it. To know that you had to go through the process all over again. I didn't want to make him feel at all uncomfortable but it is tough because I want to tell everyone I see that I found out I passed the bar. We had our staff meeting on Monday and no one even mentioned that I passed since then they would have to acknowledge the fact that he didn't. My boss is out on vacation right now and I am sure that when he gets back on Monday that he is going to acknowledge my accomplishment but it makes it hard. It made it not sink in so much that I am really done. I didn't get to walk around on cloud 9 all the time. I had to be respectful of the fact that I was done but he wasn't. I didn't seem real the no more tests, no more studying, no more memorizing random laws and facts.

So Wednesday I send out my karaoke E-mail to rally the troops to get everyone to come out and help me celebrate. I couldn't wait to get there and tell the bouncer, and the DJ I PASSED! I already texted the bartender since he gave me his number so I could tell him when I find out. I know I am way too attached to the people that work at my favorite karaoke bar but I don't care. It was a great night and the DJ went on and on telling the whole bar my good news before I got up to sing for the first time and everyone kept coming over and congratulating me even people I didn't know. Finally on Wednesday night it really hit me that I am done. That I made it. That I achieved something that I always wanted but never knew how I would be able to actually do it. I looked around the bar on Wednesday at these people that were out to help me celebrate this accomplishment and 95% of the people that were there to help me celebrate I knew from that bar. They are more then that though these people have become some of my close friends. I realized then that I am truly blessed. That I have this amazing support group of people that are there when I need someone to pick me up, that help me find the strength to keep going, and also come help me celebrate the big things.

So it has been a week since I have gotten that letter telling me that I am now an Esquire. Wow that still seems so weird to say. It feels good to know that I did it but I know I couldn't have done it without all of you. Thank you for all you have done for me and I can't wait to celebrate this weekend with everyone that can make it on Saturday.

No comments: