Thursday, March 15

SPRING BREAK YEAY!

OK so I just turned on Beacon St and I am heading to An Tua Nua a little on the early side because I didn't have class this week. I am excited because I was getting dinner there after a good workout at the gym. My cellphone rings and I see that it is Rita who I just got to spend some time with a couple weeks ago when she was in town. I talk to her and she tells me that she is calling to put in a request for karaoke. That I have to sing Cindy Lauper Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and follows it up with I am going to check your blog tomorrow so I will know if you don't do it. Now this makes me realize that the blog is going to have some advantages and some disadvantages. I will be able to post things up here and everyone can check and read up on the goings on of my life but there is also the. Wait you mean people are actually reading this. This week has been INSANE at work and I have been a bit stressed so I wasn't able to work on this until I got snowed in tonight from the bad weather. So sorry for the delay in my story telling.

Anyway Wednesday was a really good night out. My friend Kristen who I haven't seen since probably last summer at some point came out. It was GREAT to see her and some of the other regulars were out and it is always good to catch up with everyone. The new setup definitely makes it seem so much more roomy there and that you can spread out a bit more and still watch what is going on. I decided to start off with Girls Just Wanna Have Fun since I knew if I thought about that I would change my mind. I have done it before and it's one of those songs that you think you know until you try to get up and sing it and then I am like wow ummm don't know this as well as I thought and my voice is a little low for this. Oh well. Rita I want you to know I sang that just for you.

For my next song up I was trying to decide what do you follow up Cindy Lauper with. Since it was not one of my better songs I had a couple things in mind and wrote a couple songs down and I turned over the slips, looked at Andrew and asked him to pick one. He picks one and I go OK I will go put this in. He looks at me and goes is that for you or for me. I died laughing I was like "Ummm Me why would you let me pick a song for you totally blind like that." I thought that it was great that he picked the slip first before asking any questions. You might be asking what he picked my second song was Can't Fight this Feeling Anymore (yes I did a little REO Speedwagon) it just seemed appropriate somehow.

There was a guy who was in last week and he got up and had a lot of fun you can tell that he had practiced that song a lot. It was funny because Ryan was there and that is usually his thing. So he decided it was time to pull out an old reliable. When I first started going to karaoke. All of my friends referred to Ryan as Mr. Roboto since we didn't know him. I have gotten to know him over time but that is still definitely one of my favorite songs that he does. So when Kev Mac Daddy makes a comment about it being a while since he has done it. I was SOO EXCITED. I even told Ryan later that I was having a really shitty week and him singing that really helped me snap out of that. Ryan didn't really know what to say to that but I really wasn't expecting him to say anything. I finished the night with You Shook Me All Night Long which was fun.

I realize that as time goes on and my last semester of law school is coming to a close I am just not sure what is going to happen once I am done with school. Am I going to be able to keep this up when I am studying for the bar? What about once school and the bar are over and I just have to work. Am I going to start to go to bed early and not want to go out on Wednesday's. I am not sure what the future will hold in regards to be being able to go to karaoke but I can say that when the time comes that I don't go there as regularly it will be an adjustment because just walking into that bar I automatically feel better about what is going on. I also look at the friends that I have made, the fact that all of us have gotten to know each other and I realize how much it is those people that have made Wednesdays what they are for me. I am grateful that I have a place at least one night a week that no matter what I can go to and just relax and catch up with friends. It truly is a good feeling to have a bar where "everyone knows your name".

Here are the pictures as promised the place we knew and loved. Notice the wall and doorway.

















So here is the new look:
















Come on you think that these are two different bars don't you. Well NOPE it is the same place I have been going to every Wednesday for way too long to admit to. I Promise!

1 comment:

rmb said...

Can't believe it took me so long to check up on you Jackie! But I'm so glad I did, and now I know you really did sing my request! Yeah! Jackie rules! I rule!