Friday, March 30

Sorry I've been MIA heres the latest

I realize I have been slacking off and not posting what is going on with me. I have to admit there are a few reasons for this. I have made a couple realizations the past couple weeks that I have been going to Tua's. I have been saying for a while now that it is the equivalent of my Cheers but in the past couple of weeks I have realized how true that is. This past Wednesday sums everything up pretty nicely. Here is how the night went. After my negotiations class one of my classmates asked me what I was doing for the next 15-20 minutes in between classes and if I wanted to go to Side bar to watch Dice-K pitch. Yeah you know exactly what happened. I go to Side Bar intending to go back for class and after I had a beer and it would have been time to leave. I stayed. I ended up watching the rest of the game there and then headed over to karaoke. I didn't get to Tua's until 11 and yes I am usually there by 10 the latest. So I walk in and I see Chris and he looks at me and says "your late". I was like yeah thanks sorry about that. So I just get in the door and I see my friend Andrew who also asks me where I have been.

After I said hi to Andrew I turn around and there is a girl that I was chatting with last week and she was like. Hey we were wondering when you were going to get here. The BU Law kids are there so I say hi to Jacob and Tracey and another girl they know comes up and gives me a hug and was asking where I was. Basically I had people that I recognized but didn't really know coming up and giving me hugs and asking why I was late. Now I don't want to give the wrong idea here. I Love Tua's on a Wednesday and I enjoy the fact that I don't need to find a friend to come there with me and I can just go. It is a weird feeling to have people know who I am and I don't know them. I had three beers while I was at Sidebar and decided that I should not drink anymore so I just had a water at Tua's that night.

I have two weeks left of classes for law school. Then I am going to be working on my take home finals but come May 7th I will be done. Not officially since I won't have my grades but pretty much I will be done. The end of May I am going to have to start my Bar prep classes and I don't know that I will be able to be at Tua's every Wednesday in June and July. I mean I know that its a big stress relief for me and I am sure that I am going to pop in when I can but man it's going to be weird to not be there.

Oh one other thing that is kind of funny to realize that I think I have too much of an attachment to karaoke at Tua's. I have started looking at buying a place. I just don't want to do the roommate thing anymore and I figure with the real estate market the way that it is. I should be able to find something that I can afford. My sister Jen lives in Natick and there are some good condos out there that would be walking distance to the commuter rail and it would be a great commute. I would be living in the same town as one of my sisters and about 15 minutes from the rest of my family. What is holding me back. You guessed it. I wouldn't be able to go to karaoke because it's about 45 minutes I would have to get on the highway and I just don't know that getting home at 2AM on Wednesday is something that I would be able to handle. Now that isn't the only consideration but my point is I thought about it. I look at condos and check out the neighborhood, public transportation, can I have pets, and could I still go to karaoke from here.

Oh the other reason I have been slacking on posting is that with school winding down I have been I decided I need to go back to the gym. I have been very bad about taking care of myself the past four years, with my schedule I ate a lot of crap and didn't exercise and I figure that I needed to make that change and if I can start my last semester then I will be able to keep it up once this is all over. Wow I wish I went back to the gym before now. I has been helping me with my stress levels and I am feeling better about myself, yeah I have also started to lose some of the weight I put on but I know that is going to be a bit of a process. Now with work, school, and gym I have been very mellow about the social aspect. I figure that I just need to get through the next few weeks and finish school and then I can worry about that.

Other then that not too much else to report. I had a good Easter with the family last weekend and next weekend I am off to Maine for Holly Cucinotta's Wedding which I am sure will be a lot of fun.

Oh song list for Wednesday:

Son of a Preacherman
Pour Some Sugar on Me

No comments: