Thursday, March 1

Past couple Wednesdays at my favorite bar

Well last week everyone wanted to be out at An Tua Nua for karaoke not that I can blame them because it is always a great night. The bar was so packed that even though I got there at like 10. I only got up there for two songs. There was a good turn out of some of the regulars I haven't seen in a while which I was happy to see them. I mentioned earlier that night in between classes that I go to An Tua Nua every Wednesday to a couple of my classmates and later that night at the bar I was surprised to see that one of them decided to come and check it out. It turns out his roommate is one of the BC chemists which was funny when I was about to introduce him to people and he was like yeah that's my roommate. Yeah I felt like an idiot but how am I supposed to know when there was a ton of people there that he was talking about the person that I knew. Go figure.

Last week Deb was on February vacation so she decided to come out to karaoke since she probably won't be able to do it again until April vacation the earliest. It was really good to see her and I let her pick my first karaoke song and I forget how long she takes and that I really should have one in before I let her pick. Oh well what can you do right. Deb likes to pick the most ridiculous songs for me and last week was no exception she had me go up and sing Blame it on the Rain by Milli Vanilli and I in case you are wondering no I don't really know the song I only know the chorus but details and it's old enough nobody else did either it was fine. Not my best but fine. When I was standing there talking to everyone I saw a friend of one of my old roommates who now likes in Plymouth in the back of the bar. I went to say hi to her and see how my old roommate is doing since we haven't kept in touch all that well. When I get back there one of the girls with her turns and looks at me squells and gives me a huge hug. It was my old roommate she is a teacher and also had February vacation so she figured she would come out to karaoke and surprise everyone. It was good to see her and catch up and I told her that Deb was there and she went over to say hi. It was just overall such a random night of things happening. At the end of the night Noah and Suzy ended up coming in but there were too many people and Kevin wasn't able to put them in. They wanted to do Dirty Summer Nights which is always a crowd pleaser but unfortunately someone had already sang the normal version and Kevin doesn't like repeats close together I mean it is karaoke.

Now with such a huge turn out last week you might be wondering if this is going to keep up and all the sudden there are going to be a lot of people there every week or at least more people. I have been going long enough that I can say that after a Wednesday like we had last week I knew that this week it would be a lot less people. Wednesday is a hard night to go out and be out that late for and I know it took me a while to be able to stay out until 1 and still get up and go to work the next day and actually be functioning and productive. Last night was still a great night because Debbie decided to come out and I walked in and her and Noah were at the bar. I was so excited to see her since she has to be up and out of her apartment by 6:30 on Thursday mornings we don't get to see her that much anymore. :-( Since there wasn't a lot of people there last night it was pretty much the three of us and three or four other people singing it was ridiculous how many times we got up there. At the end of the night Noah and I just opened the book and pointed at something for the other to sing. He picked Blaze of Glory for me which is a lot of fun to sing and one of my better songs of the night. That is the highlights of my last two karaoke experiences in a nut shell.

No comments: