Friday, March 30

Concert, Vet and train to Albany Anyone?

Ok first I need to tell you about my friend Andrew's band the Max Klau Band. They got the opportunity to play the Paradise Lounge last Thursday (March 22) as the opening act for this group Moshav and I got a couple friends and we decided to check it out. I have seen them before and I really like their music. Some of my friends asked me what kind of music is it. They have a very unique sound and I realize how that probably sounds that they aren't really good but that REALLY isn't true in my opinion. It is definitely mellow music and if you are studying or in a long car ride it would be the perfect music to have playing. If you want to check it out for yourself here is a link to their MySpace page.

Andrew's band was supposed to go on at 8 and they went on more like 9ish and there was a pretty good crowd in the bar. They played for about an hour and people really liked them. When they were done everyone was cheering for them to do an encore. I don't know when I have been at a show that they wanted the opening band to do an encore. Especially when most of the people there were there to see the other band preform. It was I think the largest venue they have played to date and in my opinion it was a success. I of course took some pictures and I will post a couple of those at some point this weekend. The band that went on after was also good. I had a really good night and ended up staying out a lot later then I expected. Oh well it was all in support of a friend. The next time I go to one of their shows I will be better about updating you on it.

Then Friday I had to leave work early because I had to take my dog to the vet which all ended up really well. I feel better after finding out what is wrong with her and every time I have to take her I get really nervous now that she is going to be 13 next month. This time everything turned out OK and I am very grateful. Friday night I went out to dinner with Steph who I went to high school with and we got back in touch at the Reunion. It was great to see her and catch up and we also went back to her apartment so we saw her BF Roy and Vito. Wow did that night make me realize how removed I am from Medway now. They were talking about people that we all went to high school with and with every name I was like WOW I haven't thought of that person in YEARS! Oh well to each their own right.

The highlight of my weekend was the next day when I jumped on a train to Albany so that I could go see Urs and Dan and meet Logan. He is SOO CUTE. He was 7 weeks old and such a good baby, he was sleeping when I got there but he woke up later and I got to hold him and play with him. He is such a little person and I know that Urs and Dan are going to make great parents. I was only there over night I got in at 5 on Saturday evening and left at 1 on Sunday so it was a short visit but I feel better now. I don't know why but I was just really anxious to get out there and see them and find out how the whole family was doing. Since Logan is still so young I didn't want to put any other stress on Urs because I am sure that right now she is still trying to figure things out and adjusting to being a Mom. Wow. Urs is a Mom. Seeing Logan react to Urs and Dan's voice was PRECIOUS. I am so glad that I got to see them and I hope that I can take another trip out there in June when I am studying for the bar and catch up on them again. Yeah I took a few pics of Logan too and I will put a couple up so you can see the little guy.

No comments: