Friday, January 2

Happy New Year!

I hope that everyone is having a happy New Year. I know that my NYE was interesting I left my day job around 3 to make my way to the Club to get ready to go work that night. I know working on NYE is never fun but I decided to make the best of it and I the money never hurts. I was working the Members function and it started at 6 and the buffet was until 9:00 but of course I was in the section with lingering tables but as usual the managers feel comfortable to leave me once things get to a certain point. I also worked on Tuesday night and had a table that was giving me a good natured hard time and I was giving it right back. They told me that they were coming for NYE and asked if I was working. I of course told them that they would see me and was happy to see that they were sitting in my section since they were entertaining. When it looked like I was going to have to stay later then I wanted to they decided that I needed to have a shot with them and kept insisting that I do one. I found this very amusing and was very tempted since it's not like I am under 21 but there were other people in the room and you just don't know what to do in that situation. So what do you think? Did I do the shot. You let me know.

Finally around 10:30 I get to leave and jump into a cab to take me to Somerville, I was afraid if I took the red line to Davis that I wouldn't be able to find a cab from Davis to take me to her house and at this point I just wanted to get there already and I was able to get to Mandy's by 11:00 which was pretty good time. The cab driver had a GPS and I remember thinking this is AWESOME all cab drivers should have one of these and I was talking to my friend Kathleen today and she said both cabs she took on NYE had GPS too so I am hoping cab companies caught on about that being a good idea. Anyway when I got to Mandy's I told her I needed a stiff drink and she was more then happy to comply and it was perfect to just hang out with her, Danielle and Jamie for a couple of hours. At midnight we had a champagne toast and enjoyed the low key night and the right company. Danielle said that as fun as this was hopefully next year we will be with people that will have sex with us at midnight. I knew what she meant but gave her a hard time about it anyway. I was like Hmmm sex at midnight OK that is one way to celebrate. We left Mandy's around 1:15 and the T was free and running until 2 Am so I was able to take that home and walk in my door around 2:15. I got to ring in the new year with friends and make some extra cash too it was a good night.

Yesterday evening Garrett and his new GF Michelle came to stay with me for the night since they had one of the first flights out of Logan this morning heading back to LA. Of course I was very excited to see Garrett as I always am and it was great to meet his new GF. I have to say that I haven't seen Garrett this happy in a LONG time and it was just so nice to see. You just look at him and he is more relaxed and just willing to enjoy himself. I thought that Michelle was great and she kept thinking that there has to be some dirt about this boy and he has to have some skeletons which of course is a concept that I totally understand. However, we are talking about Garrett who has never liked large groups, never wanted to fall in line with the crowd, always enjoyed his alone time and anything outdoors. I told her the only embarrassing stories I have are about me but Garrett was in so that is all I can give you. We went to Bertucci's for dinner because Garrett was trying to show her all his childhood haunts. Before we went we started the guy and girl can't just be friends discussion which made me pull out When Harry Met Sally and somehow Garrett had never seen it. So I told them that after we got back from dinner I was putting the movie on and of course once the movie was over we continued the debate on if a guy and girl can JUST be friends. I think you all know my position on this but it was a good discussion. That is all I have for you right now tonight I am off to Medway for the weekend to help my parents around their house. I probably won't have any good stories for you but you never know.

No comments: