Monday, December 29

Holiday Gathering

Ok so I had a few friends over on Saturday for a little holiday party. Yes, it was just an excuse to make sure some people came over and saw my Christmas tree which I am pretty partial to not going to lie. This is the first Christmas season in 5 years that I didn't have exams or the Bar Exam looming over my head and I could enjoy myself. We all had a really good time. My friend Debbie was the first to get there with Craig one of my law school friends not to far behind her. It was a while until anyone else got there and then every seemed to get there at once which is kind of what I expected. At one point I looked around the room at everyone that was there and I had to smile because I knew some of them from Babson, my cousin, some friends I met from other friends, karaoke people, and a friend from law school. Other then Craig everyone knew each other and were catching up swapping stories and it just felt good.

I enjoy playing host and I have decided that the smaller gatherings like Saturday were there are 10 of us hanging out it's just right. I just don't have the room to have big bashes but I still like to entertain. It was a bittersweet night for me in one way Andrew came which it was good to see him but he moves to Jersey tomorrow and so this is the last time that he will be at one of my parties without having to have made the trip from out of state. I had a couple of friends that said they wanted Drunk Jackie to come out but I tried to explain to them that really no you don't. She isn't that much fun to be around and come on what are you trying to say I am not enough for you. I have to admit that I hit the punch a little harder then I would have liked to admit and I was probably only one or two glasses away from her coming out shhh don't let them know.

It was great to have a night of hanging out with friends and relaxing. I just wanted to let you all know that you are always in my thoughts. I hope that everyone had a great holiday season.

No comments: