Thursday, January 15

DC Here I Come!!

OK so for the past two days I have tried to write this post and I don't know why but I can't seem to finish. Anna sent me an E-mail on Monday and it said Inauguration Tickets and I already knew that she was going to the Inauguration with Becky so I figured she was updating me on that story. Well it turns out that Becky can't get the time off from work and I was the next person that Anna thought of and she was asking me if I wanted to go. I wrote back immediately telling her YES! Here I am three days later and trying to let all of you know that I am going to be in DC and I have a ticket to watch Barack Obama get Inaugurated as our next President. I still don't believe it and I know that part of me is not really going to believe it until I am on the bus and we are on our way. When I start to really think about it my heart starts pounding like a maniac and I feel like my stomach is going to drop out of me.

I wanted SO BADLY to be able to go this Inauguration and I was wishing that there was someway that I could have done more for Obama during the Election. I was very jealous when Chris went out to work for him and then Danielle and Tom went out for the final push in those last few days. When I was sitting in Andrew's apartment with Andrew, Canadian Andrew, Leah, and Deb C. and found out he got elected it was like NOTHING I have ever experienced before. We got out champagne and toasted the results and later when Canadian Andrew was driving Leah and I to Harvard Square to give us a chance of finding a cab to drive us back to Brookline you should have seen the celebrating in the streets. You would have thought the Red Sox won the World Series except for the fact that no one was drunk everyone just wanted to be out and together and to cheer and beep their horns and celebrate that they were a part of this historic event. Now I get the opportunity to go down to DC and be a part of history. I will always be able to tell people that I watched Barack Obama take the oath of office and become our next President.

This is going to be a whirlwind trip we leave early on Sunday morning and get back in the wee hours of the morning on Wednesday I will most likely get back to my condo around 2:00 AM. That being said I can't think of a better way to use my first vacation day in over 2 years that is not related to studying for the bar. Well that is all I have for now. I will be sure to tell you ALL about it when I get back.

No comments: