Friday, December 26

Merry Christmas to All...

Wow you know I really believe that kids are what make Christmas so much fun! In case you are wondering how many nieces and nephews I am up to now the answer is 10. Yes, you read that correctly I have ten nieces and nephews, 6 nephews and 4 nieces and let me tell you they are hysterical. Justin the oldest who was born my Senior year of high school is 13. Jack who some of you remember because I would babysit for him at Babson when my sister Kathy was in a bind and working there is turning 12 in February. Yes you read that right he is going to be 12 soon.

So I buy for my three godsons and give the parents the gifts so they can open it in the morning. My nephew Liam calls me yesterday morning and sounds like he is about to jump out of his skin not only did Santa bring him the Wii he wanted for Christmas but I got him one of the games that he REALLY wanted!! He was calling to say THANK YOU and let me know how much he loved the gift. It was just TOO CUTE. I asked Carolyn later about the kids reactions and she said that Kyle and Liam were jumping up and down this morning with their eyes bugging out when they saw the Wii and the games because they were so excited. How can that not just make you smile and bring that much more meaning to Christmas. We actually managed to get all the kids together after they finished unwrapping their Christmas presents and here is a picture of all of them.
I also realize that it has been a while since some of you have seen my parents and if my Mom knew I put a picture of her on my blog she would probably kill me but good thing she doesn't know I have one. Here is a picture of my parents opening their gifts that we got them yesterday. This is as close to my Mom smiling as you can get since she does not like having her picture taken.
I really wish I could take pictures that would appropriately show the chaos that is a Christmas with my family with all the kids and my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandmother from my Mom's side. There is no way to really show that in the pictures but we all had a really good time. Hanging out the extended family got there around 1:30 and all seemed to leave by around 6:00. Of course my sisters, brother and I decided to hang out a bit longer and we didn't leave Mark's until around 8:00.

Now my Mom started a tradition a few years ago I can't remember if it was before or after Liam was born but she started making flannel pajamas for her grandchildren and she would give them to them on Christmas and we would take a picture of all of them in there PJ's and we would include it in the next years calendar. My siblings make a calendar of the kids that we give to my parents as part of their Christmas present. Now I would like you to remember that my Mom now has 10 grandchildren and she has decided to make one set for the boys and one for the girls. Well here is one of the pictures that I took last night of all the kids. I am not sure what was on my lens but you can still see them.

Of course in order to take the picture someone had to round up the boys and tear them away from the Wii that the Regan's got for Christmas. After the parents tried a couple of times I went up and told them it was time to pause the game and go down and take the picture. When a couple of them protested I told them the quicker they went down and cooperated the sooner they could come back to the game and it should only take 5 minutes. The good thing about these guys is you can reason with them and they know (as you do as well) that I don't really take no for an answer so we could do it the easy way or the hard way but they would have to come down for the picture.

All the guys went into the dinning room around 5:30 to play some cards which was good it left the rest of us girls to sit around the kitchen table and talk while enjoying some of the Christmas cookies and other treats that were brought. The card game broke up around 7:00 and my parents went home and I stayed since Laina said they could drive me back to my parents. Hannah who is getting so big and is now 10 wanted to hold Molly and Maggie and Kate were playing right around them so we took the opportunity to take a picture of just the girls. Come on you have to admit they are REALLY cute kids.

Well I think that is enough from me about my Christmas. I hope that everyone had a Happy Holiday season and I hope to catch up with everyone soon.

No comments: