Wednesday, August 22

Rafting Trip

Ok so Andrew was nice enough to organize a rafting trip and we thought it was going to be white water rafting it was more like a nice 10 mile rafting excersion on mostly calm waters. Did that stop us from having fun. Hell no. We had water fights with other boats and we were able to get out and swim a few times. We stopped halfway and had lunch provided for us and here is our group photo:





You all know how not graceful I am so here I am trying to get back into the boat. I am trying to pull myself up and I see Deb snap a picture. I called her a not so nice name after it was taken. Oh well now I can laugh at it.

There was two boats and Gabe, Becca, Deb and I were in a raft with another Gabe. Little did we know that we ended up with the bitter, Racist rafting guide. I didn't know that this was possible but here is a picture of Racist Gabe falling into the water. We were all cheering when this happened we just were able to do it too much out loud.

Then after a day of rafting we all set up our tents and had a bit of a girl mishap. The mishap being it would never really heat up and the burgers that we enjoyed were slow cooked over a flame for two and a half hours. After we enjoyed our dinner and many drinks that were consumed it was also a weekend of meteor showers. So we all headed down to the parking lot where there was a good opening to be able to check it out and enjoy the show. We all had an absolute BLAST! I can't wait to go and do it again. Of course the next time I go I want some actual rapids. Oh well. You can't have it all.


1 comment:

ab said...

You can SO have it all. I promise rapids next time. And charcoal. Lots and lots of charcoal.