Monday, August 27

I'm a Home Owner!!

Well it's official on Friday I signed the dotted line and now I am officially a home owner. I got the keys to my new place, then went to get some supplies so that I would be able to paint up a storm this weekend. My Mom stayed with me at the condo all weekend and we were very productive I have to admit I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to get it all done. Every time I finished a room this weekend I would look around and get a big smile on my face. We worked long hours this weekend but man was it worth it. My Dad helped out every day this weekend and my sisters Laina and Jen came by yesterday and without them I don't think we would have gotten it all done. It was just a matter of needing a couple more hands. Over the course of the weekend we got all the rooms painted. A first coat of the trim done in the two rooms that were being sanded and polyurethane today.

I don't want to bore you with a bunch of before and after shots but let me know if you want them I can definitely forward those to you but here is what the finished rooms looked like in the order that we tackled them:

First we did the Living room since this is the biggest room and one of the rooms with hardwood floors since those are being done today.


Next we did my bedroom and I absolutely love the way this color came out and I can't wait to get my stuff in there and figure it out.

After that we decided to tackle the kitchen because the office is the only room without any pipes so we figured we would leave that until the end.
Here is the office/guest room. It is the most neutral of the colors since all the rooms lead into this one.
Finally this is my new bathroom. Once I have it decorated I know that this is going to look phenomenal. I still can't believe that I bought my own place.

I know that money is going to be tight for a bit until I figure things out and I am sorry if my social calendar winds down for a bit while I figure this out. Not to worry if you need a place to stay in Boston that is right off the T look no further. Once I am all moved in and settled not to worry I will send out another update. Just wanted to let you know it all seems to be working out.

No comments: