Thursday, September 20

Life after Law School

OK so we all know I have been running on empty for a while now. I went straight from graduating law school to taking the bar to buying a condo. I am happy to report that things are finally starting to settle down for me. My sister Jen and my Mom came by last Friday with the last of the things that I needed for my place. Now I look around and it's a weird feeling to see what you envisioned now real. That I actually live there now and not only that I own it. It's my own little oasis that is all mine. Right now I am trying to figure out how to make some extra money and what costs are necessary and what I can do without but I think that would happen no matter what. It is all part of the process of growing up and getting older. Man I really hate to admit that. I actually spent time trying to think of a different way to say it. Why? I mean it's natural to grow up and I don't want to be seen as some immature person that is out of touch with reality but somehow I don't want to admit that I am growing up.


I don't know I guess part of it is I feel like the past four years I had to put my life on hold. You all know that I am horrible when it comes to boys and relationships and the first two years of law school showed me that trying to work on that while I was working full-time and going to law school just wasn't a good idea. My life kept blowing up at the worst possible times and there really wasn't much that I could do about it. So I decided I need to follow the law school thing to the end and then worry about it. I give a lot of credit to my classmates that were married and had kids while going through law school at night. I don't know how they did it. The whole relationship thing is a mystery to me. I just can't seem to get it right. I just hold out hope that there is a guy out there that is going to be able to deal with all my idiosyncrasies.


OK enough about that and back to why I started this post in the first place. I have been jumping from one big thing to the next for so long and scheduling in dinners and drinks and Red Sox as much as possible to see everyone that I have been neglecting while I was finishing up with school and the Bar Exam that I have still been running around like an idiot. Last week I realized I didn't have a lot going on that weekend and I decided I was going to keep it that way. The only thing that I had going on this week was Karaoke on Wednesday but that doesn't even seem like plans to me anymore. I have to say that going home every night this week and just being able to relax and put around the condo and do some small stuff it feels really good. I am going to try to not overbook myself. I need some me time and I need some time to unwind and just relax. So I will apologize now to the people that are going to ask me to do things and I am going to turn you down to sit on my couch but I promise I am not going to become a total homebody. All of you know me too well that could never happen. I have to admit that I am really enjoying life after law school and looking forward to seeing where it takes me.

No comments: